How to set up your email program
To set up an email program (such as Outlook, Thunderbird, Mac Mail, etc), you will need to tell your program to add a new email account and then enter the following information into the appropriate areas on your new account screens
- Your full email address & password (as provided to you by us)
- Your account type (POP or IMAP). We recommend POP, but you may also use IMAP. Using IMAP leaves all your messages on the server, so you will need to regularly delete messages to ensure you don't fill up all available space.
- POP server setting: If using POP, be sure to tell your program to delete message from server. This is sometimes in advanced settings. This ensures that once emails are copied to your own computer, they are removed from the server. If you don't tick this, you will fill up your available server disk space.
- Incoming Mail server: server.indytech.ie
- Incoming username: This is your email address, but with a + instead of a @. For example, if your email address were email@example.com, your username would be mick+myshop.ie
- Incoming advanced options: Use password authentication, make sure SSL is enabled (ticked), and if you have a choice for Port, use 995
- Outgoing mail server (SMTP): server.indytech.ie Choose the option to use password, and "Use SMTP over SSL" or simply "SSL", and port 465.
If your are unable to send emails using the settings above, you should instead try using the outgoing server for your broadband provider (ISP). Some common settings for these are below. Note that if you turned on "SSL" and Password options for sending, you should turn them off again
Powered by WHMCompleteSolution